IRONMAN is excited to announce that Zell am See-Kaprun Salzburgerland, Austria has been selected to host the 2015 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship triathlon. The championship race will be held on August 30, 2015 and marks the first time that the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship race will be held in Europe.
Please join us for a press conference at 2:00 PM CET on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at the M32 Auditorium to learn more about the selection of Zell am See-Kaprun – including detailed information on the course, exciting new events leading up to the race, tourism impact and more.
- Wilfried Haslauer, Governor of the State of Salzburg
- Martina Berthold, Minister of Sports of the State of Salzburg
- Leo Bauernberger, CEO Salzburger Land Tourism
- Renate Ecker, Managing Director Zell am See-Kaprun Tourism
- Andrew Messick, Chief Executive Officer of IRONMAN
- Thomas Dieckhoff, Chief Executive Officer, IRONMAN Europe, Middle East and Africa
Date: Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM (CET)
Place: M32 Auditorium – Mönchsberg 32, 5020 Salzburg, Österreich – +43 662 841000
Nearly 120,000 athletes will participate in the global IRONMAN 70.3 Series during the 2014-2015 season, which consists of over 70 events in locations such as Australia, Brazil, Malaysia and South Africa. Each age-group winner at the 2014 Subaru IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship will automatically qualify for the 2015 race Championship in Zell am See-Kaprun.