A talk with top ultra-running coach and author, Jason Koop. Koop is the author of the book, “Training Essentials for Ultrarunners.” Jason talks about how less is often more when it comes to long-distance running and that rest is a critical component.
This key principles Koop talks about in his book:
- The science behind ultramarathon performance.
- Common ultramarathon failure points and how to solve them.
- How to use interval training to focus workouts, make gains, reduce injuries, and race faster.
- Simple, effective fueling and hydration strategies.
- Koop’s A.D.A.P.T. method for making the right decisions to solve a race-day crisis.
- How to plan your ultra season for better racing.
- Course-by-course coaching guides to iconic U.S. ultramarathons including American River 50, Badwater 135, Hardrock 100, Javelina 100, JFK 50, Lake Sonoma 50, Leadville 100, Vermont 100, Wasatch 100, and Western States 100.
- How to achieve your goal, whether it’s finishing or winning.