Ironman announced today that they would be implementing a “transfer” program for their North American events. For a small fee, Ironman registrants can transfer their entry slot to another race (Ironman or Ironman 70.3 distance) instead of opting for the standard refund. There are several rules and stipulations to be aware of, so please see below for further information:
IRONMAN is piloting a new program to give IRONMAN athletes an additional option to the standard refund policy. Instead of taking the standard refund, athletes registered for select North American IRONMAN events now have the option to transfer their entry to another IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 event in North America with general entry slots still available. Athletes may move to a race sooner or later in the calendar year (dependent upon availability) and may move to another IRONMAN event or to an IRONMAN 70.3 event.
Rules & Conditions
1. The transfer option is available as a pilot program for North American IRONMAN athletes only.
2. This offer is not available to IRONMAN Los Cabos or IRONMAN Cozumel athletes presently.
3. There is a $50 transfer fee.
4. The event transferred into must be in the same calendar year as the original event year.
5. If an athlete is transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, the athlete will not be refunded the difference.
6. If an athlete is transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, the athlete will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
7. Entry into sold out events is not available.
8. Entry into events that only have Foundation and/or Charity slots open is not available.
9. Due to the pilot-nature of this program, we regret that entry out of or into the following events is not available. Unavailable North American events include: IRONMAN Los Cabos, Ford IRONMAN Cozumel, IRONMAN 70.3 Panama, IRONMAN 70.3 Monterrey, IRONMAN 70.3 Puerto Rico, Ochsner IRONMAN 70.3 New Orleans, IRONMAN 70.3 St. Croix, Endurafit IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman, IRONMAN 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake, IRONMAN 70.3 Vineman, IRONMAN 70.3 Calgary, Metlife IRONMAN 70.3 Cozumel, and City Bikes IRONMAN 70.3 Miami
10. Athletes must transfer out a race prior to 45 days before the race.
11. Athletes may transfer into eligible races until 45 days prior to the race date.
12. If a one-day USAT license was purchased along with the original race entry, it cannot be transferred to the new race and will need to be repurchased by the athlete.
13. Athletes may only transfer once per entry (no transferring to a race and then transferring again).
14. Transfers are applicable to individual race entries only – entries purchased through third-party charities and/or travel groups are not able to transfer.
15. Races to be transferred into must have been opened to the general public for at least ten days.
Click the link below to request a transfer. Note that you must complete the entire form which includes hitting the “complete” button on the “Review cart & check out” page. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your request.
Expect to hear back from IRONMAN within three business days. This allows us time to verify your information and confirm space in your requested event. Transfer requests will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a unique link to transfer yourself into your requested event. Then, you will be required to pay the $50 transfer fee and any applicable price differential.
Q: What if the event I want to transfer into sells out before I receive my registration link?
A: Depending on when you submitted your request, and how much space was remaining in the event, we will still try to accommodate your original request. However, we cannot promise that your first choice will always be granted.
Q: Will I be contacted prior to receiving my registration link?
A: The only time you will be contacted prior to receiving your registration link is if your first choice is no longer available. If this is the case, we will follow up with you to confirm you still would like entry into your second or third choice of races.
Q: Can I transfer between regions (ie, a North American race to a European race)?
A: At this time, that option is not available. We are piloting this program within North America only right now.
Q: I previously withdrew from a North American IRONMAN event – can I return the refund and transfer into an event instead?
A: Unfortunately you may not. This policy if effective as of February 14, 2014 and will not be honored on a retroactive basis for prior entries.
Q: I am currently registered for an IRONMAN 70.3 event, can I transfer my entry?
A: No, the transfer option is available as a pilot program for North American IRONMAN athletes only.