Polar has announced that they’ve added continuous heart-rate tracking to the latest running watch, the Polar M430.
This is the essence of the tech: Continuous wrist-based heart rate (i.e. no chest strap) automatically measures heart rate at least every 5 minutes during rest and physical activity to deliver a complete picture of the day’s activity.
One of the smart-watch ingredients is that the M430 will take notice when you launch into any sort of workout and begin displaying HR with better resolution.
The upshot of this of technological capacity is that it allows an endurance athlete to observe a wider picture of health and fitness. Considering that too many stress hormones like cortisol, particularly when you’re trying to get to sleep, can have a negative impact on recovery, health, fitness and (not to mention) how long you live, the data collected by the M430, uploaded to the Polar Flow app, is a comprehensive way to see weaknesses in how you live your day. If your morning commute is taking you to DEFCON 4 on a daily basis, the data will not only reflect that but perhaps remind you that chronic stress is going to undermine all of that hard training you’re doing. This is especially true if you are struggling to get enough quality sleep. It’s a game-killer.
Additional tech specs for the M430 are below:
- Continuous wrist-based heart rate automatically measures heart rate (at a minimum frequency of every five minutes) during rest and physical activity to deliver a complete picture of the day’s activity.
- Detects periods of inactivity and captures resting heart rate.
- Combines this daily data to provide immediate guidance toward reaching activity goals, which users may reach faster due to the new level of precision of Polar’s latest fusion of heart rate and activity algorithm.
- Detailed daily overview and heart rate variation is available in real-time in the Polar Flow App, which may show changes in heart rate linked not just to physical activity, but also emotion and stress.
- With Polar Flow, users can examine their heart rate in motion and at rest, access Polar’s Smart Coaching features for additional guidance and gain feedback on specific activities with insights from Activity Benefit, Smart Calories and Training Benefit
Polar M430 Running Watch
- Features Polar’s proprietary 6-LED wrist-based heart rate monitor as well as integrated GPS and unique personalized and adaptive training guidance programs for entry level up to serious, goal-driven runners.
- Offers Polar Smart Coaching features such as daily activity, smart calories, Training Load, Training Benefit, Fitness Test and Running Index (running vo2 Max).
- Tracks metrics such as heart rate, speed, distance, pace, sleep and training load.
Polar is the innovator in heart rate monitoring, activity and sleep tracking and GPS sports training solutions for elite athletes, coaches and active fitness enthusiasts. For over 40 years, we have helped athletes understand, track and improve their performance. Our award-winning product range includes pioneering sports wearables that work elegantly with Polar training apps and cloud services.
Headquartered in Finland, Polar is a privately held company that operates in more than 80 countries. Polar products are sold through over 35,000 retailers globally. For more information, please visit polar.com.