The ITU is only a few short weeks away from the debut of their new course at World Triathlon Kitzbuehel. The new course has athletes making the arduous climb up Kitzbuehel Horn Mountain—for a total ascent of 867 meters (reaching grades as high as 22 percent!) over 11.5km of hairpin turns. Once off the bike, the athletes will continue onto a hilly 2.5km climb before looping around the alpine plateau on their way to the finish line at the Alpine House. Check out a video of the course here.
In honor of the new course’s challenging climb, the ITU has announced a social media campaign contest. The winners will have their messages actually sprayed on the climb up Kitzbuehel Horn Mountain. Here are some more details from the ITU:
Calling all triathlon fans around the world – we have a serious bragging rights opportunity. On July 6th the fastest triathletes on the planet will tackle the world’s toughest triathlon course at the World Triathlon Kitzbühel. Get your message of support sprayed on the climb and seen by millions of live TV viewers around the world.
Here’s how it works. It’s simple.
· To be eligible you will need to follow @worldtriathlon on Twitter or be a fan of www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon
· Choose the athlete you want to support or it can be a generic message
· There are two ways you can get your message to us:
Tweet your message of support followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
Or go to the ‘You Say It – We Spray It’ image on www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon and leave a comment under the image.
· The message should be no longer than 25 characters so, be creative (there’s only so much room on the road!)
· We will then choose a selection of the best messages and spray them on the climb for millions of people to see.
· We will also choose 2 messages live on race day from fans watching the live coverage on TV or online at www.triathlon.org/tv .
· We’ll also publicly post your messages on Twitter and Facebook for you and all your friends to see.
· Enter now and enter often!
Sample Twitter message: Climb harder @Jgomeznoya #WTSKitzbuhel #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
Have millions of TV viewers see your message of support on #WTSKitzbuhel climb Msg followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon (25 character limit).
Sample Facebook message for stakeholders to promote on Facebook: LAVA Magazine says climb harder Gomez! #yousaywespray
On July 6th have millions of live TV viewers see your message of support sprayed onto the #WTSKitzbuhel climb. Leave your message followed by #yousaywespray (message limit 25 characters). www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon will choose a selection of the best and spray them nice and large for the world to see.