The ITU is only a few short weeks away from the debut of their new course at World Triathlon Kitzbuehel. The new course has athletes making the arduous climb up Kitzbuehel Horn Mountain—for a total ascent of 867 meters (reaching grades as high as 22 percent!) over 11.5km of hairpin turns. Once off the bike, the athletes will continue onto a hilly 2.5km climb before looping around the alpine plateau on their way to the finish line at the Alpine House. Check out a video of the course here.
In honor of the new course’s challenging climb, the ITU has announced a social media campaign contest. The winners will have their messages actually sprayed on the climb up Kitzbuehel Horn Mountain. Here are some more details from the ITU:
Calling all triathlon fans around the world – we have a serious bragging rights opportunity. On July 6th the fastest triathletes on the planet will tackle the world’s toughest triathlon course at the World Triathlon KitzbÃ¼hel. Get your message of support sprayed on the climb and seen by millions of live TV viewers around the world.
Here’s how it works. It’s simple.
· To be eligible you will need to follow @worldtriathlon on Twitter or be a fan of www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon
· Choose the athlete you want to support or it can be a generic message
· There are two ways you can get your message to us:
Tweet your message of support followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
Or go to the ‘You Say It – We Spray It’ image on www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon and leave a comment under the image.
· The message should be no longer than 25 characters so, be creative (there’s only so much room on the road!)
· We will then choose a selection of the best messages and spray them on the climb for millions of people to see.
· We will also choose 2 messages live on race day from fans watching the live coverage on TV or online at www.triathlon.org/tv .
· We’ll also publicly post your messages on Twitter and Facebook for you and all your friends to see.
· Enter now and enter often!
Sample Twitter message: Climb harder @Jgomeznoya #WTSKitzbuhel #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
Have millions of TV viewers see your message of support on #WTSKitzbuhel climb Msg followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon (25 character limit).
Sample Facebook message for stakeholders to promote on Facebook: LAVA Magazine says climb harder Gomez! #yousaywespray
On July 6th have millions of live TV viewers see your message of support sprayed onto the #WTSKitzbuhel climb. Leave your message followed by #yousaywespray (message limit 25 characters). www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon will choose a selection of the best and spray them nice and large for the world to see.