The Caribbean’s oldest and most honored off-road triathlon (19 years, top 5 off-road events world-wide) is gearing up for another wonderful week of training and triathlon culminating on the Jake’s off-Road Triathlon on Saturday April 12, 2014. What may be a bigger story is that the host community, the little hamlet of Treasure Beach, has become a world-recognized magnet for sports celebrities, competitions and training programs.
In the past 3 years, the little (pop. 500) South Coast Community of Treasure Beach has:
- Been named best community in Jamaica
- Hosted a Jamaica v. Canada Olympic team boxing match
- Hosted Serena and Venus Williams tennis exhibition
- Hosted the World’s 2nd fastest man – Jamaica’s Yohan Blake – for a Track and Field exhibition.
- Hosted Spain’s Valencia Soccer Club for a training session
- Hosted the House of Commons (UK) cricket team vs. a local squad.
- Built a military level permanent obstacle course within the Treasure Beach Sports Park (General Colin Powell Challenge Course).
See pictures & stories at:
Additionally, for the second year, the trainers from Montreal’s Uni Training will be putting their clients through a full week of training (including some wonderful visits to Treasure Beach schools as well as spa and yoga) culminating in the triathlon . Check out some of the 2013 pictures and maybe join in: http://unitraining.ca/roots-fitness-retreat-2014/
All this and Treasure Beach still hosts the best “Real. Roots. Triathlonâ€ event, anywhere. 500m.24k.7k – Individuals and teams welcome.
Check out Jake’s hotel and triathlon poster at www.JakesHotel.com/triathlon